Healthcare (Nursing) + Perioperative & Sterilisation Specialisation
Learn the basic skills and knowledge of operating theatre procedures to assist surgeons and nurses in the pre-operation patient care. Upon completion of this course, you can work in a hospital operating theatre, ambulatory services or day surgery department.
Career Prospects & Progression
Skilled OTAs have good career prospects and are high in demand. Graduates can expect a stable and secure entry career in healthcare. With a friendly attitude and good work ethics, graduates can look forward to promising career progression.
Operating Theatre Assistant > Senior Operating Theatre Assistant
Award of Certification
WSQ Higher Certificate In Healthcare (Nursing)
Statement of Attainment (SOA) for these WSQ Technical Skills & Competencies (TSC):
WSQ Technical Skills & Competencies (TSC)
WSQ Module Titles
Clinical Support For Patient Service Associate
Support In Sterilisation Service: Entry Level
Assist In Perioperative Practice: Entry Level
Quality Improvement And Safe Practices
Quality Improvement And Safe Practices With 6s Concept
–By SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG)
Full Qualification Modules
- Effective Communication In Nursing
- Mobility And Ambulation Assistance In Nursing
- Nutrition And Fluids Management In Nursing
- Patient Care Delivery In Nursing
- Respiratory Care In Nursing
- Professional, Legal And Ethical Healthcare Practice
- Practice Infection Prevention And Control In Healthcare
- Support In Sterilisation Service: Entry Level
- Assist In Perioperative Practice: Entry Level
- Quality Improvement And Safe Practices With 6s Concept
3.5 Months (Full-Time)
The course comprises of classroom lessons, skills laboratory training and clinical attachment in a healthcare organization.
Oral/written tests, assignments and practical performance.
The criteria for graduation are based on students’ attendance and assessment results. Students must meet the 75% attendance criteria, as well as complete and pass all assessments of the course before they are able to graduate and receive their Certificate. All full qualification courses comprise theory, practical and clinical attachment assessments.
- 1 pass in GCE ‘O’ Level (any subject), or 1 pass in GCE ‘N’ Level in a relevant subject (e.g. Maths, Science) or, WPLN Level 4 (Speak, Listen, Read, Numeracy) and Level 3 (Write)
- Certified medically fit for healthcare work by approved clinics
- Completing a successful employability interview by HMI Institute
|Full Course Fee (Subjected to GST)||$11,022.00|
|SkillsFuture Credit and Post-Secondary Education Account applicable (for eligible trainees)|
If you are new to HMI Institute and wish to inquire about our training courses, please fill in the contact form.