Primary Care Coordinator Preparatory Course
Enrol now in this Primary Care Coordinator Preparatory Course to develop the skills and knowledge necessary for promoting preventive and chronic disease management in primary care setting.
This 5-day training program focuses on developing essential skills to equip Primary Care Coordinators (PCCs) with fundamental knowledge and skills in preventive and chronic diseases management, to assist the nurses in providing basic health education and lifestyle management support to patients in the primary care setting (i.e., GPs).
At the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- Understand the role of the PCN in the Primary Care Landscape
- Understand their expanded role and responsibilities as a PCC in the GP setting
- State the clinical manifestations, pharmacotherapy and self-management of Diabetes, Hypertension, Lipid disorders, Smoking Cessation and Weight Management.
- Provide basic lifestyle education, and appropriate skills and techniques to empower patients to self-manage their chronic condition
- Understand the different escalation protocols to support patients in their self-management of their chronic condition and recognise when to escalate to the doctor/nurses when abnormal results are noted.
- Apply basic motivational interviewing skills when conducting patient education
The training involves face-to-face, hands-on learning with light physical activities.
Participants will learn theory and practical skills related to:
- Primary Care Network Landscape
- Burden of Chronic Diseases
- Preventive Health Screening, Screen-for-Life (SFL)
- Motivational Interviewing
- Chronic Disease: Diabetes Mellitus, Hypertension and Lipid Disorder
- Weight Management and Exercises
- Diet and Nutrition Management
- Smoking Cessation
- Infection Control
- Ethics and PDPA
- Newly recruited Primary Care Coordinators
- Existing recruited Primary Care Coordinators with specific training needs
- Other Healthcare Personnel or members of public who are interested in pursuing a career in care coordination at GP settings
Upon completion of the course, the participants will receive a Certificate of Completion from HMI Institute in partnership with AIC.
18 April to
20 April 2023
25 April to
27 April 2023
9 May to
11 May 2023
23 May to
25 May 2023
6 June to
8 June 2023
21 June to
23 June 2023
4 July to
6 July 2023
11 July to
13 July 2023
9.00am – 6.00pm
18 April to 20 April 2023
25 April to 27 April 2023
9 May to 11 May 2023
23 May to 25 May 2023
6 June to 8 June 2023
21 June to 23 June 2023
4 July to 6 July 2023
11 July to 13 July 2023
9.00am – 6.00pm
Course Date & Registration
Mode: In-person training
Sponsorship will be provided by AIC for selected individuals.
HMI Institute reserves the right to postpone or cancel the courses if minimum enrolment is not met.
If you are new to HMI Institute and wish to inquire about our training courses, please fill in the contact form.