Peripheral Venepuncture for Upper Limbs
This course aims to impart basic knowledge on peripheral venepuncture for the upper limbs in collection of blood sample. It provides skill practice for participants to be assessed on manikin. It addresses the issues related to venepuncture and the blood sampling guidelines in accordance with organisational requirements.
At the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- Explain the basic anatomy and physiology of the venous system and of the upper extremity used in venepuncture.
- Relate the standard precautions and practices with blood sample taking.
- Recognise and prepare the types of equipment/items and the documentary requirements for blood specimen collection.
- Discuss on the common issues related to blood taking procedure.
- Explain the considerations for choice of vein in blood taking.
- Perform blood taking in accordance with the standard precautions and organisational guidelines.
- Basic anatomy and physiology of the venous system and of the upper extremity used in venepuncture
- Standards Precautions
- Types of venepuncture equipment /safety
- Issues related to venepuncture
- Considerations for choice of vein
Target AudiencePatient care services/Enrolled nurses/Registered nurses
- Letter of Participation
- Participants that met the minimum attendance and passed the theory and simulated practical assessments will receive a “Letter of Participation” by HMI Institute.
- Certificate of Completion
- Participants that met the minimum attendance and passed the theory and simulated practical assessments
- Complete the clinical competency (real hands-on) on their own arrangement through completing and documenting 30-blood taking in the healthcare organisations they work in
- Documented forms must be submitted to HMI Institute to receive the “Certificate of Completion” by HMI Institute.
Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Points
Healthcare professionals may claim Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Points after attending this course.
For more information, please visit:
Singapore Nursing Board (SNB).
10 April 2023
24 April 2023
8 May 2023
15 May 2023
29 May 2023
5 June 2023
12 June 2023
26 June 2023
3 July 2023
10 July 2023
9am to 6pm
Course Date & Registration
– Online learning: 8 hours and Face-to-face: 8 hours
$250 per participant
Subject to GST
HMI Institute reserves the right to postpone or cancel the courses if minimum enrolment is not met.
If you are new to HMI Institute and wish to inquire about our training courses, please fill in the contact form.