Peripheral Venepuncture for Upper Limbs
(Phlebotomy Training Course)
This course aims to impart basic knowledge on peripheral venepuncture for the upper limbs in collection of blood sample. It provides skill practice for participants to be assessed on manikin. It addresses the issues related to venepuncture and the blood sampling guidelines in accordance with organisational requirements.
At the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- Explain the basic anatomy and physiology of the venous system and of the upper extremity used in venepuncture.
- Relate the standard precautions and practices with blood sample taking.
- Recognise and prepare the types of equipment/items and the documentary requirements for blood specimen collection.
- Discuss on the common issues related to blood taking procedure.
- Explain the considerations for choice of vein in blood taking.
- Perform blood taking in accordance with the standard precautions and organisational guidelines.
- Basic anatomy and physiology of the venous system and of the upper extremity used in venepuncture
- Standards Precautions
- Types of venepuncture equipment /safety
- Issues related to venepuncture
- Considerations for choice of vein
Target AudiencePatient care services/Enrolled nurses/Registered nurses
At the end of the course, participants will be awarded the “Certificate of Participation” by HMI Institute when they fulfilled the following:
- Meet the attendance
- Assessments: Passed the theory component, before proceeding to simulated practical assessment
- Complete clinical competency (real hands-on) on their own arrangement through completing and documenting 30-blood taking in the healthcare organisations they are currently working in. Documented forms need to be submitted to HMI Institute to receive the “Certificate of Participation”.
30 September 2022 – Fully Subscribed
10 October 2022
28 October 2022 – Fully Subscribed
7 November and 21 November 2022
28 May 2021 , 9.00am to 6.00pm
– Online learning: 8 hours and Face-to-face: 8 hours
$250 per participant (excluding GST)
For Corporate Booking, please kindly send your request to email@example.com with the following information:
- Total Number of Trainees
- Total Sessions/Runs
- Any specific Month or Period
- Your Company/Organisation Name
HMI Institute reserves the right to postpone or cancel the courses if minimum enrolment is not met.
If you are new to HMI Institute and wish to inquire about our training courses, please fill in the contact form.