WSQ Care Assistance Course
Equip learners with knowledge and practical techniques to become a professional caregiver
The Care Assistance Course is designed to empower learners with knowledge and practical techniques to become a professional caregiver. The course has high quality educational content, customised with relevance in the context of the rapidly ageing population in Singapore:
- Detailed inculcation of caregiving practices that accord respect and dignity to the care user
- Scenario-based training where lessons are clearly defined
- Step up skills progression, from simple to complex model
The course integrates key mindsets and behaviours along with technical know-how necessary to:
- Excel as an effective caregiver, equipped with technical, behavioural and soft skills, providing quality care to the care user
- Be employment-ready after the course
- To recognize emergent conditions of an older person or the effects of chronic health conditions that affect one’s activities of daily living.
- To integrate the philosophy of care when assisting clients with activities daily of living and also upholding care-recipient’s privacy/dignity.
- To provide basic emergency care to the needs of an older person.
Delivered by qualified clinicians, this course is approved by SkillsFuture Singapore, and covers 9 essential modules:
- Demonstrate understanding of aging processes and associated medical conditions
- Demonstrate understanding of the intermediate long term care environment
- Demonstrate Understanding On Ethics Of Care Staff
- Technique of Effective Communication
- Infection Control in Care Setting
- Response to Emergencies at Care Site
- Assist with mobility and ambulation with and without the use of mobility aids
- Assist with nutritional needs
- Assist with elimination related activities
New entrants who wants to work as home-care givers.
Participant who wish to increase your knowledge and skills to deliver person centered care to clients in home setting (eg. Family caregivers, volunteers).
Upon successful completion and assessment of the course, participants will receive a formal recognition through the award of a Statement(s) of Attainment (SOA).
6 April to 9 April 2021
6, 7, 10,11 May 2021,
9.00am to 6.00pm
(Open for Registration)
Mode: Pre-read and in-person training
Fees can be offset via SkillsFuture Credit or paid via Post Secondary Education Account (PSEA)
Full Course Fee: $481.50 (Incl. GST) before subsidy:
- After SSG Baseline Subsidy (80% of course fee capped at $17/Hr): $121.50 incl. GST
- After SSG Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy (90% of course fee capped at $25/Hr)*: $76.50 incl. GST
Above Subsidy applicable for Singaporean / Singapore PR above age of 21 years old only.
*SSG Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy only applicable to Singaporean age 40 years old and above.
HMI Institute reserves the right to postpone or cancel the courses if minimum enrolment is not met.
If you are new to HMI Institute and wish to inquire about our training courses, please fill in the contact form.