Healthcare (Nursing) + Emergency Medical Technician Specialisation
Learn the knowledge and skills to function as an Emergency Medical Technician in an Emergency and Non-Emergency Ambulances. You will learn to provide emergency care for patients in prehospital care setting in accordance to the Ministry of Health, STANDARDS FOR EMERGENCY AMBULANCE SERVICE (2017) and MOH STANDARDS FOR MEDICAL TRANSPORT SERVICE (2017).
Career Prospects & Progression
Skilled EMTs have good career prospects and are high in demand. Graduates can expect a stable and secure entry career in healthcare. With a friendly attitude and good work ethics, graduates can look forward to promising career progression.
Emergency Medical Technician > Senior Emergency Medical Technician
Award of Certification
WSQ HIGHER CERTIFICATE IN HEALTHCARE (NURSING)
Statement of Attainment (SOA) for these WSQ Technical Skills & Competencies (TSC):
|WSQ Technical Skills & Competencies (TSC)||WSQ Module Titles|
|EMERGENCY CARE MANAGEMENT IN NURSING||PREHOSPITAL EMERGENCY CARE|
|MEDICATION MANAGEMENT IN NURSING||ADMINISTRATION OF MEDICATION IN PREHOSPITAL CARE SETTING|
|RESPIRATORY CARE IN NURSING||PATIENT ASSESSMENT IN PREHOSPITAL CARE, AIRWAY MANAGEMENT AND RESPIRATORY CARE|
–By SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG)
Full Qualification Modules
- EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION IN NURSING
- MOBILITY AND AMBULATION ASSISTANCE IN NURSING
- NUTRITION AND FLUIDS MANAGEMENT IN NURSING
- PATIENT CARE DELIVERY IN NURSING
- RESPIRATORY CARE IN NURSING
- PROFESSIONAL, LEGAL AND ETHICAL HEALTHCARE PRACTICE
- PRACTICE INFECTION PREVENTION AND CONTROL IN HEALTHCARE
- PREHOSPITAL EMERGENCY CARE
- ADMINISTRATION OF MEDICATION IN PREHOSPITAL CARE SETTING
- PATIENT ASSESSMENT IN PREHOSPITAL CARE, AIRWAY MANAGEMENT AND RESPIRATORY CARE
3 Months (Full-Time)
The course comprises of classroom lessons, skills laboratory training and clinical attachment in a healthcare organization.
Oral/written tests, assignments and practical performance.
The criteria for graduation are based on students’ attendance and assessment results. Students must meet the 75% attendance criteria, as well as complete and pass all assessments of the course before they are able to graduate and receive their Certificate. All full qualification courses comprise theory, practical and clinical attachment assessments.
- 1 pass in GCE ‘O’ Level (any subject), or 1 pass in GCE ‘N’ Level in a relevant subject (e.g. Maths, Science) or, WPLN Level 4 (Speak, Listen, Read, Numeracy) and Level 3 (Write)
- Certified medically fit for healthcare work by approved clinics
- Completing a successful employability interview by HMI Institute
|Full Course Fee (Subjected to GST)||$10,120.00|
|SkillsFuture Credit and Post-Secondary Education Account applicable (for eligible trainees)|
If you are new to HMI Institute and wish to inquire about our training courses, please fill in the contact form.