HMI Institute’s Data Protection Policy
This Personal Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) describes how HMI Institute of Health Sciences Pte Ltd (“HMI Institute”) uses your Personal Data. HMI Institute respects the privacy of individuals with regards to Personal Data (hereinafter defined) and is committed to protecting and privacy of our students/trainees and clients. This notice is formulated in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (“PDPA”) and/or its regulations (“Act”) which describe how your Personal Data is collected, processed and used and your choices with respect to your Personal Data.
DESCRIPTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- Personal Data means personal information about you, from which you are identifiable, including but not limited to your name, identification card number, passport number, correspondence/mailing address, telephone number, email address, date of birth, gender, race, nationality, education qualification, sensitive data such as employment history, health/medical condition, any information about you that has been or may be collected, stored, used and processed by HMI Institute from time to time.
- The provision of Personal Data is mandatory if you intend to:
- Register for HMI Institute’s course previews
- Take up services or apply for a course/programme with HMI Institute
- Apply for a job and/or take up employment with HMI Institute
SOURCES OF PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
- In addition to the Personal Data you may provide to HMI Institute directly, HMI Institute may also collect your Personal Data from a variety of sources, including but not limited to information you may furnish when you register/apply with HMI Institute for previews, courses, services, businesses, employment and other related parties with HMI Institute, when you interact and communicate with our staff through enquiries, previews or otherwise, from companies within the Group (hereinafter defined) or by using HMI Institute’s website. HMI Institute is a wholly owned subsidiary of Health Management International Ltd (“HMI”). HMI Group (the “Group”) includes HMI, HMI Institute, its subsidiaries, affiliated company and/or associate companies.
The types of Personal Data that we may obtain include:
- Your personal information, if you choose to provide it or if we obtain it in the manner described above. You do not have to give us any personal information in order to process your job application or to read the content portions as submitted to our e-mail addresses.
- Your demographic information such as nationality, residency, occupation, education and experience, and if you choose to provide it, age, gender, race or ethnicity and other information deemed “sensitive” under applicable law. We will collect this information either through the registration process, from your CV or in the manner described above.
- Other details that you may submit to us or that may be included in the information provided to us by third parties.
PURPOSES OF WHY PERSONAL DATA IS COLLECTED
- HMI Institute may use and process your Personal Data for the purposes relating to:
- Registration for the training & career previews
- Course applications
- Training and related course administrations
- Job placement and employer surveys on job retention & performance
- Verification of graduate by employer
- Providing of business, training and/or health services
- Job placement and/or employment
- Activities of HMI Institute which shall include, but not limited to:
- The release and receipt of Personal Data to or by HMI Institute’s training/service partners for student/trainee recruitment activities (previews, etc.), training, clinical attachments and service delivery;
- The disclosure of your Personal Data to government authorities/agencies whenever necessary and including to whomever the law or to a court order may require;
- The disclosure of your Personal Data to the suppliers, vendors and/or agents of HMI Institute if it is required for them to carry out their duties;
- The disclosure and/or publication of information relating to the debt in such as manner and to such extent as HMI Institute and/or the Group shall from time to time consider necessary, without further notification or concurrence by students/trainees, clients and/or guarantors, auditors, solicitors and other professional advisors of HMI Institute and/or the Group, any third party if required by law, regulation or by-law, subpoena, court order or other legal process;
- To enable HMI Institute to respond to request for Personal Data which may include your Personal Data and sensitive information of the student/trainee or client in accordance to HMI Institute’s internal policy and practices which shall be in compliance with the Act;
- To collect your Personal Data to enable HMI Institute to conduct any survey on the performance of HMI Institute’s training and/or services;
- To facilitate, administer, manage and/or deal with Student Experience activities. Without prejudice to the aforesaid, do note that photography and/or videography could be carried out during such activities and your image captured for the purpose of recording your participation in such activities and used, disclosed, processed and published in materials such as newsletters or other publications, yearbooks or any materials/books recording your participation in such activities, and you agree to the same;
- To conduct publicity and/or the development of promotional materials, for use by HMI Institute. This includes showcasing or marketing your achievements as a student of HMI Institute, publishing your image and personal data on public media platforms. You hereby authorize HMI Institute to videotape and photograph you and you grant HMI Institute a license to use your name, photograph, video images, personal story and information you provide to HMI Institute, and likeness in HMI Institute related promotional materials.
You hereby agree and consent for HMI Institute to use and process your Personal Data in the manner as identified above and in this Notice.
- HMI Institute may also use and process your Personal Data for other purposes such as to send you updates and news on our courses, services and developments and to inform you about activities and/or events which is relevant to you or may be of interest to you, by way of email, telephone calls, short message service (SMS), social media and/or letter/mailers.
- If you do not consent to HMI Institute and/or the Group processing your Personal Data for the purposes listed in Section 4 & 5, please notify HMI Institute in writing using the contact details stated in Section 13 below.
DISCLOSURE TO THIRD PARTIES
- Your Personal Data may be transferred, accessed or disclosed to third parties for the purposes of processing your registration or for providing you with training and/or services. Further, HMI Institute may engage other companies, service providers or individuals to perform functions on HMI Institute’s behalf, and consequently may provide access or disclose your Personal Data to such service providers or third parties. Such third parties include but not limited to the following:
- Local authorities, such as SkillsFuture Singapore, Workforce Singapore, Agency for Integrated Care and/or any other government authorities/agencies in order to comply with statutory and governmental requirements.
- Our information technology service providers, suppliers or vendors that render services to HMI Institute including in the capacity of learner management and learning management systems.
- Our industry training partners that provide training places for HMI Institute’s students/trainees’ clinical attachment and service learning experience.
- Our vendors or suppliers of which HMI Institute outsources its services.
- Our professional advisers such as external auditors, legal advisors and/or financial advisors or any other third party required by law, regulation or by-law, subpoena, court order or other legal process.
- Insurance companies, third party insurers, employers of students/trainees, and/or guarantors.
- Your Personal Data may also be shared in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a merger, consolidation, or in the unlikely event of winding-up.
LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES AND SOCIAL MEDIA SITES
CHANGES TO NOTICE
- We reserve the right to amend this Notice from time to time without prior notice. We advise that you check this Notice on our website on a regular basis.
- In the event of any conflict in the notices between the English and any other language versions, the English version shall prevail. HMI Institute shall have the right to modify, update or amend the terms of this Notice at any time by placing the updated Notice on the HMI Institute website at the following link: http://www.hmi-ihs.com. By continuing to communicate with HMI Institute or by continuing with training/employment at HMI Institute or use of HMI Institute’s services subsequent modifications, updates or amendments to this Notice, such actions shall signify your acceptance of such modifications, updates or amendments.
ACCURACY OF PERSONAL DATA
- You are responsible for informing HMI Institute about changes to your Personal Data and for ensuring that such information is accurate and current. You may do so by submitting the information to HMI Institute:
- Using the Student’s Particulars Update Form –if you are a student/trainee of HMI Institute. The form is available at our Student Services Office or from the Reception counter.
- In writing (letter or email) –if you are taking up a service provided by HMI Institute.
ACCESS & CORRECTION REQUESTS AND INQUIRIES
- Subject to any exceptions under applicable laws, you may request for access to and/or request correction of your Personal Data, lodge a complaint, request to limit the processing of your Personal Data in relation to Section 4 & 5 above and/or make any inquiries regarding your Personal Data by contacting:
HMI Institute of Health Sciences Pte Ltd
Devan Nair Institute for Employment and Employability
#06-03, 80 Jurong East Street 21
Tel: (65) 6253 3818
- In respect of your right to access and/or correct your Personal Data, HMI Institute has the right to refuse your requests to access and/or make any correction to your Personal Data for the reasons permitted under law.
- HMI Institute seeks to use your Personal Data only for the purposes of legitimate interests and with your consent.
- HMI Institute will not use your Personal Data for a purpose that has not previously been specified, unless we have previously obtained your consent or unless such purpose is required by law.
- If you have been receiving commercial communications from HMI Institute while also becoming a student/trainee or client of HMI Institute, should your ongoing relationship with HMI Institute comes to an end for whatever reason (e.g. graduated, withdrawn/terminated from course, etc.), we will not take in as an implication for an automatic request to unsubscribe from the communications, and we will assume that we continue to have your consent, unless you specifically unsubscribe from it.
- Subsequent with this Notice, if you do not consent to HMI Institute processing your Personal Data, you may withdraw your consent to our collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Data by contacting HMI Institute as provided in Section 13 of this Notice.
- Accordingly, we believe that you consent to and agree with the terms above with respect to the processing of your Personal Data. If we have not received any response from you regarding the above, we reserve the right to assume that you agree with the above.
If you have any questions relating to our collection, use and disclosure of your personal data or the matters set out in this document, you may contact our Data Protection Officer at Data Protection Officer Email : email@example.com