Lean in Healthcare Certification – Yellow Belt
Understand the concept of Lean Thinking and how the implementation of Lean practices is able to transform waste into value for the patients.
The core business of hospitals delivering just care services is of the past. Hospitals’ business is rapidly evolving towards meeting customers’ demand for a seamless care experience. To achieve this, hospitals are investing resources to review its processes so that staff and clinicians can deliver the right care, in the right place and at the right time. This helps hospitals reduce costs, retain revenue, and improve patient health outcomes and experience. This course leverage blended learning and activities to help participant achieves the course outcome.
In this course, participants will understand the concept of Lean Thinking and how the implementation of Lean practices is able to transform waste into value for the patients, thus improving health outcomes. Participants will get insights into real world case studies on how doing more with existing resources could be achieved through examining various workflows in healthcare organizations.
Participants will learn to apply their knowledge in a real-life project. To be certified Yellow Belt, participants are required to demonstrate the application of lean thinking and solutioning in the identified project.
Level: Basic – Intermediate
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand Lean Thinking frameworks and concepts that assist in designing solutions to hospital operational functions. For example, using the knowledge of Lean Thinking to identify and differentiate value from waste in healthcare processes.
- Understand the specific elements that influence hospital/ clinics/ laboratories workflows and determine the ideal state for healthcare operations.
- Enhance problem-solving skills using a proven methodology, to identify root causes of pain-points faced by both patients and healthcare workers.
- Conduct basic analysis and review of current challenges (through real-life case studies) to improve patients’ experience and health outcomes.
- Able to identify and propose improvement projects to the hospital processes and operations using various interventions (e.g. simplifying complex processes, technology enablers, automation, etc).
- Be equipped with the right mindset and tools to drive team-based solutioning to improve productivity and efficiency.
- Demonstrate Lean Thinking skills through application in a real-life project.
- Lean Thinking Frameworks & Concepts
- Overview of the various Tools, why use them and when to use them
- Practical Approaches for improving patient experience and health outcomes
- Real-life Case Studies from hospitals in Asia Pacific region.
- Breakout Group Activities & Role Play: Each participant will be assigned a healthcare worker role and be involved in a simulated hospital’s operations.
- Application through Projects
Professionals, managers, and executives (PMEs) who are entering the healthcare industry as well as healthcare professionals who aspire to move into a management role.
Possess minimally two years of working experience (in any industry), preferably with at least a bachelor’s degree or diploma.
Upon completion of the course, the participants will be awarded the following
- HMI Institute’s Cert of Completion (COC)
- Lean in Healthcare Yellow Belt Certification
- Participants are required to identify an improvement project and do a presentation to demonstrate the application of lean thinking and solutioning in the identified project, to be certified Yellow Belt.
Course Date & Registration
To be Confirmed
5 Days (1 day per week for 5 weeks)
SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) is providing course fee funding to the healthcare in-service staff.
- Up to 70% course fee subsidy for Singaporean aged 21-39 & SPR 21 years and above.
- Up to 90% course fee subsidy for Singaporean aged 40 & above.
- Up to 90% course fee subsidy for all staff (Singaporean & SPR) under the Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (ETSS) for SME employers.
Full Course Fee
$960.00 (before GST)
(Non-SME SC/SPR <40 y/o)
Fee Payable After SSG 70% Subsidy
$313.92 (including GST)
(All SME SC/SPR + Non SME SC/SPR >39 y/o)
Fee Payable After SSG 90% Subsidy
$104.64 (including GST)
HMI Institute reserves the right to postpone or cancel the courses if minimum enrolment is not met.
If you are new to HMI Institute and wish to inquire about our training courses, please fill in the contact form.