Nasogastric Tube Feeding (NGT)
As a care giver, your role is to ensure the daily needs of your clients are taken care of. Eating is the most basic human need; a simple task that we are able to do on our own effortlessly every day. However some clients with disability may need special help in feeding.
This course aims to equip you with the skills of Nasogastric Tube (NGT) feeding. You will learn the pre-feeding preparations, during and post procedures of NGT.
- Explain the anatomy and physiology of the gastrointestinal tract (GIT) in relation to the nasogastric tube feeding.
- Explain what nasogastric tube feeding is
- Explain the tasks to be carried out in the pre-feeding preparation stage
- Explain the tasks to be carried out in the during procedure stage
- Explain the tasks to be carried out in the post procedure stage
To be advised
28 May 2021 , 9.00am to 6.00pm
Mode: Asynchronous e-learning
– Online learning: 3 hours
$30 per participant
HMI Institute reserves the right to postpone or cancel the courses if minimum enrolment is not met.
If you are new to HMI Institute and wish to inquire about our training courses, please fill in the contact form.