Healthcare (Operations) + Operations Specialisation
Learn the basic skills to competently assist the doctors and nurses in patient care. Acquire administrative skills and knowledge to process registration and schedule appointments for patients. Upon completion of this course, you can work in a hospital specialist clinic, polyclinic or GP clinic.
Career Prospects & Progression
Skilled PSAs/CAAs have good career prospects and are high in demand. Graduates can expect a stable and secure entry career in healthcare. With a friendly attitude and good work ethics, graduates can look forward to promising career progression.
Patient Service Associate > Senior Patient Service Associate
Clinic Admin Assistant > Senior Clinic Admin Assistant
Award of Certification
WSQ Higher Certificate In Healthcare (Operations)
Statement of Attainment (SOA) for these WSQ Technical Skills & Competencies (TSC):
|WSQ Technical Skills & Competencies (TSC)||WSQ Module Titles|
|Continuous Improvement Management||Continuous Improvement Management|
|Inter-Professional Collaboration||Inter-Professional Collaboration|
|Medication Dispensing||Medication Dispensing|
|Emergency Response And Crisis Management||Emergency Response And Crisis Management|
–By SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG)
Full Qualification Modules
- Billing Procedures
- Frontline Services Management
- Patient Education And Engagement
- Clinical Support For Patient Service Associates
- Professional, Legal And Ethical Healthcare Practice
- Practice Infection Prevention And Control In Healthcare
- Continuous Improvement Management
- Inter-Professional Collaboration
- Medication Dispensing
- Emergency Response And Crisis Management
2.5 Months (Full-Time)
The course comprises of classroom lessons, skills laboratory training and clinical attachment in a healthcare organization.
Oral/written tests, assignments and practical performance.
The criteria for graduation are based on students’ attendance and assessment results. Students must meet the 75% attendance criteria, as well as complete and pass all assessments of the course before they are able to graduate and receive their Certificate. All full qualification courses comprise theory, practical and clinical attachment assessments.
- 1 pass in GCE ‘O’ Level (any subject), or 1 pass in GCE ‘N’ Level in a relevant subject (e.g. Maths, Science) or, WPLN Level 4 (Speak, Listen, Read, Numeracy) and Level 3 (Write)
- Certified medically fit for healthcare work by approved clinics
- Completing a successful employability interview by HMI Institute
|Full Course Fee (Subjected to GST)||$7,964.00|
|SkillsFuture Credit and Post-Secondary Education Account applicable (for eligible trainees)|
If you are new to HMI Institute and wish to inquire about our training courses, please fill in the contact form.