WSQ Higher Certificate in Healthcare Support (Sterilisation Services)
The Sterile Processing Department (Central Sterile Supply Department or Theatre Sterile Supply Unit) ensures that medical/surgical supplies and equipmentare cleaned, sterilized, prepared and packed in accordance to international standards before issuance to the various departments in the hospitals.
You will be learning the basic skills and knowledge of the sterilization processes to meet safety, environmental and infection control standards.
Upon completion of this course, you can work in a hospital Central Sterile Supply Department or Theatre Sterile Supply Unit.
The Skilled Technician (CSSD/TSSU)has good career prospects and are high in demand. Graduates can expect a stable and secure entry career in healthcare. With a friendly attitude, pro-activeness and good work ethics, graduates can look forward to good career progression.
Technician (CSSD/TSSU) > Senior Technician (CSSD/TSSU)
WSQ Higher Certificate in Healthcare Support (Sterilization Services)
By SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG)
- Use of medical terminology in work activities
- Perform lifesaving techniques
- Work within a legal and regulatory framework in the healthcare industry
- Comply with workplace safety and health policies and procedures
- Clean and disinfect reusable complex instruments
- Inspect and pack complex instruments
- Demonstrate understanding of the sterile environment
- Manage sterile stock
- Handle and dispose waste
2.5 Months (Full-Time)
The course comprises of classroom lessons, skills laboratory training and clinical attachment in a healthcare organization.
Oral/written tests, assignments and practical performance
The criteria for graduation are based on students' attendance and assessment results. Students must meet the 75% attendance criteria, as well as complete and pass all assessments of the course before they are able to graduate and receive their Certificate. All full qualification courses comprise theory, practical and clinical attachment assessments
- 1 pass in GCE 'O' Level (any subject) , or 1 pass in GCE 'N' Level in a relevant subject (e.g. Maths, Science) or, WPLN Level 4 (Speak, Listen, Read, Numeracy) and Level 3 (Write)
- Certified medically fit for healthcare work by approved clinics
- Completing a successful employability interview by HMI Institute
|Course Fee before SSG^ fee subsidy||$7,160.00|
|SSG course fee subsidy||$6,444.00||$6,802.00|
|Course Fee after SSG fee subsidy||$716.00||$358.00|
|Course Fee payable
Course Fee after SSG fee subsidy inclusive of GST
(GST for 10% of Course Fee)
|* WTS – Workfare Training Support Scheme||^ SSG established in Oct 2016 replacing WDA|
- Application Fee S$53.50
- Uniform Purchase (2 sets) S$70.40
- 2-Month Medical Insurance Premium S$10.70
- Pre-Admission Health ScreeningS$57.78