WSQ Higher Certificate in Healthcare Support
Learn the basic skills and knowledge of patient care to assist nurses with patients’ needs. You will also learn to perform basic healthcare procedures, such as reading patient’s vital signs and care of the airway. Upon completion of this course, you can work in a hospital, community hospital or nursing home, day rehabilitation centre and senior care centre.
Career Prospects & Progression
Skilled HCAs have good career prospects and are high in demand. Graduates can expect a stable and secure entry career in healthcare. With a friendly attitude and good work ethics, graduates can look forward to promising career progression.
Healthcare Assistant > Senior Healthcare Assistant
In addition, graduates who are interested to further upgrade can take up WSQ Advanced Certificate courses for higher level positions such as Senior Health Care Assistant.
Award of Certification
WSQ Higher Certificate in Healthcare Support (Nursing Care)
By SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG)
Full Qualification Modules
- Use of medical terminology in work activities
- Perform lifesaving techniques
- Demonstrate understanding of human anatomy and physiology
- Measure and record patient’s vital sign
- Perform patient care activities
- Perform clinical test and physical examination procedures
- Assist patients requiring assistance with elimination and hygiene
- Assist patients in care of airway
- Care of end-of-life clients
3.5 Months (Full-Time)
The course comprises of classroom lessons, skills laboratory training and clinical attachment in a healthcare organization.
Oral/written tests, assignments and practical performance
The criteria for graduation are based on students’ attendance and assessment results. Students must meet the 75% attendance criteria, as well as complete and pass all assessments of the course before they are able to graduate and receive their Certificate. All full qualification courses comprise theory, practical and clinical attachment assessments
- Certified medically fit for healthcare work by approved clinics
- Completing a successful employability interview by HMI Institute
- Candidates have to complete the WSQ Certificate in Healthcare Support (Nursing Care) course prior to commencement of the WSQ Higher Certificate in Healthcare Support (Nursing Care) Course
|80% – 95%* course fee subsidy for Singaporeans and Singapore Permanent Residents that are offered admission into WSQ courses with HMI Institute of Health Sciences|
|Course Fee before SSG fee subsidy||$7,650.00|
|SSG course fee subsidy||$6,885.00||$7,267.50|
|Course Fee after SSG fee subsidy||$765.00||$382.50|
|Course Fee payable|
Course Fee after SSG fee subsidy inclusive of GST
(GST for 10% of Course Fee)
* WTS – Workfare Training Support Scheme
Other Fees (including 7% GST)
- Application Fee S$53.50
- Uniform Purchase (2 sets) S$70.40 (Purchase not required if uniform purchased for WSQ Certificate in Healthcare Support (Nursing Care) course is still available with student)
- 3-Month Medical Insurance Premium S$16.05
- Pre-Admission Health ScreeningS$57.78
If you are new to HMI Institute and wish to inquire about our training courses, please fill in the contact form.