Supervisory Training in ART Self-Swab
The 4-hour HMI training is *no longer a mandatory requirement to perform the role of a supervisor for employer supervised self swab (ESSS).
This course is not available after 31 October 2021.
This is in view that most individuals are now familiar with ART self-swabbing. We also understand that most employers are adopting virtual ESSS which makes the IPC component of the course less relevant. Information on IPC measures for employers who continue to conduct ESSS on-site will be made available on MOH’s website.
*with effect from 1 Nov 2021
This module is designed to equip corporates with the knowledge and skills on how to supervise ART self-swabs for staff, according to the Ministry of Health guidelines and protocols.
- Chain of Infection
- Mode of Transmission
- Implement Infection Prevention and Control (“IPC”) Processes
- Purpose of swab taking for Covid-19 test
- Identify MOH approved ART kit
- Prepare equipment for swab taking
- Swab taking techniques for ART and its contraindication
- Test specimen using MOH approved ART kit
- Identify process of notification who test ART-positive/ART-invalid of the actions required of them in accordance to MOH/Industry guidelines
Course Fee (valid until 31 Oct 21)
- Singaporeans/ SPR 21 years old-39 years old:
$26.35(with 80% subsidy capped at $17/hr)
- Singaporeans age 40 years old and above:
$14.45(with 90% subsidy* capped at $25/hr)
- Full Course Fee:
$90.95 (including 7% GST)
Above Subsidy applicable for Singaporean / Singapore PR of age 21 years old and above.
*SSG Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy only applicable to Singaporean age 40 years old and above.
Please note that for any government-funded (SkillsFuture-funded) course, participants must fulfill the attendance requirement and pass the course assessment in order to be eligible for the “Certificate of Attendance” and course fee funding. If participants do not meet the course requirements, full course fee will be invoiced.
Get in touch with us to find out more.
This course is not available after 31 October 2021. Registration has closed.
Points to note before Registration:
Please ensure you have a valid email address for account creation for the registration. The email address will be your UserID.
Upon successful registration, a Zoom link will be sent to participant’s registered email address.
Registration closes 3 working days before the actual course date. No further changes can be made after the registration is closed.
Please do not register yourself twice. Any incomplete registration form will not be considered or processed.
The course is only confirmed when you have received a Confirmation email notification from HMI Institute. Please check your junk/ spam folder and/ or whitelist firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also check your registration status by following the steps here.
Training dates are updated progressively, with ample slots available for registration.
HMI Institute reserves the right to postpone or cancel the courses if minimum enrolment is not met.
How to register?
Step 1: Click on the registration link here.
Step 2: Click on “Public Catalogue”.
Step 3: Click into your preferred time slot.
Step 4: Choose your preferred date.
Step 5: Register for the slot.
Register by signing up an account:
- UserID: Input valid email address (no sharing of email address, each email can only be used for 1 account registration) as zoom link will be sent to your registered email.
- Password: Create your own password
- Attendance is compulsory to pass the course.
- A microphone and webcam will be required.
- Video cameras have to be turned on throughout the training for attendance verification.
- Attendance taking/ Zoom Guide
We endeavour to respond to you within
3-5 business days (excluding Weekends and
As we are experiencing a high volume of applications, we seek your patience and understanding in the event that our response should take longer due to a high email volume.
(Registration for all HMI Institute’s training courses are to be done directly on our official website. Communications are done via email address domain @hmi.com.sg.
Please note that HMI Institute is not affiliated to any agencies/ companies for any form of recruitment activities.)
Get in touch with us to find out more.
If you are new to HMI Institute and wish to inquire about our training courses, please fill in the contact form.