Professional Conversion Programme for Healthcare Management(A Programme partnered with Singapore University of Social Sciences)
The integrated curriculum of this programme brings together academia and industry to strengthen the training in the healthcare sector, especially in the area of technology and business. The multi-dimensional learning experience places a special focus on the business aspects of healthcare, while keeping up-to-date with advanced technology and transforming healthcare services in this digital era. The course will prepare participants for a rewarding career as an effective, multi-talented leader in the healthcare industry.
- To provide PMEs in the healthcare sector with cutting edge management skills in a digitised economy to advance technical expert to a new role in management to lead and effectively manage healthcare systems.
- To train career switchers from the healthcare industry by tapping into the current skills.
- To facilitate a company’s recruitment of new talents or reskills existing talents with new competencies.
1) Multi-dimensional Learning Experience
Our curriculum is classroom based packed with case studies and content is calibrated and facilitated for professionals who seek applicable and future-ready knowledge. You will gain expertise from our leading professional’s academic experience, real-life case studies, applications, latest insights and perspectives in the context of the healthcare industry.
2) Career Advancement
The course is tailored to equip you with relevant academia and industrial capabilities to develop key competencies like professionalism, leadership and relationship management to support your advancement in a management role.
3) Personalised Support
Tailored to your needs, participants can benefit from our exclusive networking sessions with prospective employers.
The Healthcare Management Programme is made up of 4 core modules. Students can also have the option to read the electives*.
1) Human-Centred Design: Re-imagined
This course will equip participants with the skills to match today’s work demands through applying Human-Centred Design skills which emphasises customer-centric interactions based on users’ needs, wants and desires.
2) Analytics for Decision-Making
Analytics for Decision-Making aims to equip participants with the knowledge and skills to discern how different analytics techniques can be used to generate useful information for decision-making. The course introduces various analytical techniques.
3) Effective Healthcare Manager
New entrants to the healthcare industry in Singapore find its intensity and complexity difficult to understand and navigate. Recent graduates and midcareer crossovers find it especially challenging to appreciate the sociocultural interactions of the various professional groups and nuances at the systems level. Managing these diverse stakeholders and delivering on the promise of good quality healthcare requires a broad array of knowledge and skills. In these practitioner-led courses, participants will be introduced to the basic concepts and skills essential to support their personal development as professional healthcare managers.
4) Management of Healthcare Organisation
In this practitioner-led course, the participants will be introduced to the basic concepts and skills essential in the management of healthcare services and professionals. The course seeks primarily to provide a conceptual framework of constructs to connect the business aspects of running the hospital with the medical expertise while keeping up to date with advanced technology and transform healthcare services into the digital era. It is this vital bond that determines the success of the healthcare organisations thus formulating a medical service that patients can depend on.
1) Global Trends, Technology and Risk Management
This programme provides an appreciation of how global trends such as ageing demographics, epidemiology of chronic diseases, increasing consumerism, advanced technology and pressures on cost containment are impacting healthcare managers everywhere, both in developing and developed health systems, in private and public sectors alike. Participants will gain understanding of global trends in technology and innovation, their impact on healthcare delivery, and the how these are changing the all aspects of management including risk management in healthcare.
2) Resilience for Change
This Resilience for Change course introduces participants the concept of resilience, exploring various variables that define resilience in achieving positive outcome in life. Participants will learn on how to build up their resiliency through the strengthening of their environmental and internal protective factors. Students will also be introduced to key approaches, such as optimism, self-regulation and cognitive agility, et cetera to increase their resilience capacity when faced with problems.
- Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Minimum 21 years old
- 2 years’ full-time work experience, or fully discharged full-time NS liability
- Currently employed on a full-time basis with PCP participating company
- GCE 'A' level with two passes (prior to 2006) or two H2 passes (from 2006), or local polytechnic diploma; or International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma; or NUS High School Diploma
- Minimum 5 GCE ‘O’ Levels and attend an interview
- Workers currently employed in the identified PCP industries and seeking to acquire new skills and/or switch careers to other identified PCP industries
- Workers currently employed in industries other than the identified PCP industries but seeking to acquire new skills and switch careers to other identified PCP industries
- Unemployed workers seeking to enter the identified PCP industries
More exciting events coming soon !